EB-1:  green cards for "priority workers" who either have "extraordinary abilities," or are "outstanding professors or researchers," or are a qualifying executive/manager intracompany transferee.  No labor certification (PERM) is required, and in many cases, no sponsoring employer is required.​​​​



EB-2:  green cards for "members of the professions" holding advanced degrees or their equivalent, and individuals with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business who will substantially benefit prospectively the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the United States, and whose services in the sciences, arts, professions, or business are sought by an employer in the United States".  Most applicants (unless qualifying for a National Interest Waiver or a Schedule A profession) must generally have an approved labor certification, a job offer, and their employer must have filed an immigrant petition for an Alien Worker.​




EB-3:  green cards for "skilled workers"  workers," "professionals," and "other workers."  Applicants require a sponsoring employer and approved labor certification.​




EB-5:  Green card for immigrant investors  who invest $1,000,000 (or at least $500,000 in a "Targeted Employment Area" - high unemployment or rural area), creating or preserving at least 10 jobs for U.S. workers excluding the investor and their immediate family.​



Schwartz Ehrens Immigration Law
3 Columbus Circle, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Tel:  (347) 961-8472
Fax:  (760) 280-9999
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic
  • RSS Classic

© Copyright 2017 Schwartz Ehrens Immigration Law. All rights reserved.